GroSens and e-Gro
Innovative growing tools
At each stage of growth the use of our products is supported by innovative tools which allow the propagator and grower to monitor and manage the root zone environment in the most optimal way possible.
One of our latest innovations we introduced is GroSens® MultiSensor. This is a wireless, multi-sensor measuring system. This wireless and flexible multi-sensor measuring system enables highly accurate and reliable 24/7 real-time insight into the WC, EC and temperature of the root environment. The GroSens system, in combination with Grodan stone wool substrate products and advice, is the best way of achieving optimum results in production and cost savings.
e-Gro is our latest service to support customers with a GroSens® MultiSensor system. Customers who need to have 'real-time' reporting on their substrate, have the opportunity to connect their GroSens system to the e-Gro app. The app offers growers the possibility to get the maximum out of their substrate. The benefits of e-Gro are:
- e-Gro is mobile: easy to use at anytime and anywhere on your online smartphone, tablet or desktop
- e-Gro is interactive: customise and optimise irrigation strategy with alerts and notifications year-round 24/7
- e-Gro improves decision making to maximize production and fruit quality
- Login to your smartbox.
- Go to system in the smartbox menu.
- Click on update, the system will automatically search for new software versions.
- A green bar indicates that a new software version is available.
- The software version currently installed is indicated in the bottom left corner of each GroSens page together with the smartbox number.
- To use the e-Gro you need software version 2.0.1901 or higher
- After the update restart your smartbox, this can be done by clicking on “restart ”in the menu “ system
In this case we can help you by updating the smartbox remotely. To enable us to do this, please switch on the VPN-mode on your smartbox and contact Grodan customer service.
- Push the button on the bottom left , his will take you through a menu in the display.
- Stop when “enable VPN” appears in the display
- Push the right top button “checkmark symbol”
- When the marked symbol below appears in the right bottom corner the VPN is turned on
Use your email address as the user name. This is the e-mail address to which the activation email was sent to.
If you forgot your password you can reset it using the app or Portal.
- Did you use the correct email address with the set password?
- Contact Grodan customer service team to verify your username, contact Support
- Please indicate what username and password you used that did not work, as well as your smartbox number (eg S0 150221 - The smartbox number is indicated in the bottom left in the display of the smartbox – see picture below)
- Make sure you have updated the operating system on your mobile device to the latest version.
- Make sure you have updated the GroSens system to version 2.0.1901 or higher.
- If the problem persists please contact Grodan customer service for more support.
- Make sure you have installed the latest software version 2.0.1901 or higher on your smartbox.
- If the problem persists please contact Grodan customer service for more Support
Make sure you have configured your setpoins
Make sure the app push notification permission are configured correctly.
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to the e-Gro app Settings
- Tap your e-Gro app.
- Tap Notifications
- enable allow Notifications
- Click or tap Apps > Settings > MORE.
- Click or tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED.
- Click or tap your e-Gro app.
- Click or tap Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications.
If the problem remains contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org